21st Birthday Checklist
- Plan ahead – many venues get crowded and getting a large group of people to a place far away can be tough to do. Nothing ruins the mood of a night like the reality of poor logistics setting in as the clock ticks. Make sure you have reservations if you plan to go to a popular spot. Call cabs ahead of time. Have a realistic plan of making things logistically as easy as possible for you and your friends.
- Don’t forget your ID – this one should be obvious… but there’s got to be at least one poor soul out there who forgot to bring his ID on his or her 21st birthday.
- Get cash – It’s generally preferable to pay with cash when you can, and many bars won’t accept credit cards. Besides, a credit card can be a dangerous thing the tipsyer you get.
- Have your sleeping arrangements in order – if you’re going somewhere out of town or far away, the last situation you want to be in is under the influence late at night with nowhere to go. This goes back to item 1 of planning ahead. You’ll have more fun if you already have the logistics planned out and don’t have to worry about them.
- Be responsible & take care of yourself – having a few drinks with friends can be a lot of fun, but getting totally smashed for no good reason is not. Don’t buy into the hype that you need to drink 21 of whatever. You’re prerogative is to have a good time, not drink some arbitrary amount.